Frequently Asked Questions
PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride. It is a thermoplastic polymer that consists of ethenyls and chloride. PVC is the third most widely produced plastic, after polyethylene and polypropylene. The “u” in U-PVC means unplasticized or rigid. uPVC or Rigid PVC is widely used in the building industry as a low-maintenance material for window frames.
PVC windows, PVCu windows, uPVC windows and vinyl windows are the same thing. People from North America tend to call them vinyl windows, while people from Europe and Asia tend to call them PVC, uPVC, or PVC-U windows.
KUNSTOF windows are priced slightly higher than standard aluminum, but they are very competitively priced compared to other uPVC windows in the market. However, Filipino customers put a higher premium on their money’s value than on the cheapest price available. When it comes to value for money, KUNSTOF windows are unbeatable. Premium Quality. Great Value. That’s what KUNSTOF stand for.
KUNSTOF is the only company in Cebu that has a fabrication plant complete with state-of-the-art machinery. It is also in partnership with one of the most significant glass processors in the country. As a result, our customers, specifically in Visayas and Mindanao, benefit in speed and cost-efficiency.
KUNSTOF is also a leader in innovation being one of the first in Cebu to offer folding doors, accordion screens, and double glass.
For white profiles, the color goes right through the profile, so scratches and marks can be sanded out completely and polished smooth to bring it back to as good as new.
uPVC does not support combustion but will char. uPVC will not burn on its own as it is resistant to ignition and is self-extinguishing.
KUNSTOF guarantees all of our products (subject to correct installation and normal condition of use and maintenance), for the period as follows:
uPVC Profiles (from discoloration, cracking, and warping) – 10 years
Double glazed units – 10 years
Hardware – 2 years limited warranty under normal use.
Roll-up Screens, Accordion Screens, and Folding Doors – 1 year limited warranty under normal use.
- Dirty frames can be cleaned with warm water mixed with washing liquid.
- Abrasive cleaners, as well as dry cleaning with a duster, should be avoided. Cleaning solutions and polishes that contain solvents or thinners should not be used. Aggressive chemicals like these will attack the window frame and seals.
- Rust patches can only appear as a result of external metal particles from the outside atmosphere.
- All moving parts of fittings should be lightly oiled once or twice a year, to ensure that the windows will always open smoothly.
- Most fittings have a built-in adjustment facility, so if a window should begin to stick, contact us, as only a trained window installer has the skill to make the necessary adjustments.
**For windows with LOW-E glass coating:
Low-E Glass has a very thin pyrolitic coating integral its surface. The hard and durable low emissivity top coating gives it improved thermal insulation performance compared to ordinary clear glass. The low emissivity coating has a very fine and hard texture which requires a slightly different cleaning procedure compared to plain, non-coated glass.
Recommended glass cleaning solutions:
- Mixture of one part vinegar with one to ten parts clean water.
- Glass cleaners that have no ammonia or alcohol content because these products tend to leave visible streaks.
- Flood the low emissivity coated surface with the spray-on cleaning solution or with a cloth saturated with the cleaning solution. Be generous with the amount of solution applied.
- Rub the wetted surface with a clean, lint free towel or cloth.
- Wipe dry with a dry, clean, lint free towel or cloth. Do not use a squeegee on the low emissivity surface.
- To prevent streaking, stop wiping when the glass is almost dry and there is still a uniform thin film of moisture left on the glass surface. This film will quickly evaporate leaving a clean surface.